Cainta; 1:26 PM Tues (PH); 11:26 PM Mon (US)
Greetings loved ones. {Isn't that like the first line in California Girls by Katy Perry? Sorry... it's just that when I typed that, I heard a creepy voice in my head saying that line and I'm pretty sure it's from that song.}
| The view from underneath the payong. {payong=umbrella} {#tagaloglessons} |
Anyway.... hello!! So first of all, it's transfer week. Good news! I'm staying in Cainta!! Bad news. Sister Wiradi isn't. She's headed to Morong.
| My cute kasama. |
| #wearesoprecious |
| Hello |
| What does one do when all your groceries explode in the elevator? #selfie #selfies4lyfe |
| Yeah so this happened....our grocery bags broke and everyone's groceries fell. Haha #ithappens |
![]() |
| So there's a subdivision in my area and I'm obsessed with all the street names! They're all like this!! (Cycling, Relax, Tennis, Marathon, Bowling Lane...) |
| Sister Doucette, Sister Garcia, Ryan {our Gospel Principles teacher}, Sister Wiradi, and Me #owls #inhonorofme |
| HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! Thanks for the date ;) #hershey |
| The Polidario family! One of my FAVORITE families in the ward! They are soooo amazing! |
| A member gave us a cake last night. #theywereexcited #andtheyenojoyedit |
One more thing that I want to share from this week. Last night we were teaching an investigator who is really struggling with something. And he keeps praying for Heavenly Father to answer his prayer and give him this thing that he desires so badly. And we had THE most powerful lesson EVER about humbling ourselves before the Lord and giving our desires up to follow His will for us. He was being stubborn and saying things like, "Why doesn't God give me this? He gives so many other people the things that they pray for and they're doing bad things. I'm just asking for this little thing. If He really loves us all so much, why isn't he giving me this? You said I'm His child and He loves, but that's hard for me to feel when He won't give me what I'm asking for." And then Sister Garcia looked him straight in the eyes and said with SO much power "GOD LOVES YOU. Stop questioning Heavenly Father's love for His children. He. Loves. You. He is not deaf to your prayers. He hears every single one even though your prayers are just on repeat and not entirely coming from the heart. You think you're the only one who hasn't had their prayers answered? Have you asked the people on your side if they have unanswered prayers? I have prayed for twenty five years that He would let me meet my real father and to this day I have never seen my father's face. But I will not lose hope, I will not stop praying, and I will not EVER question His love for me. He hears us. He hears you. He loves you. Don't ever question His love again." It was SO powerful. And then we committed him to pray to have the strength to let go of his desires and accept the Lord's will for him. It was the BEST lesson ever.
| TODAY |
| I love them. |
| #threesome |
And that's all I want to say before I go. I testify that Heavenly Father loves us all so much and will not ever leave us. He hears every single one of our prayers and in HIS time and HIS way, He will answer them. I know because I experience this every single day on my mission. I can't tell you how grateful I am to be a missionary at this time. I watched my kabahay leave as she finished her mission and it was hard for me because I can feel that my own mission is coming to a close. I still have three transfers left and I'm going to give everything I have. I'm going to come home dead tired. And I will come home with the absolute knowledge of our Heavenly Father and His love for each and every one of us. Don't ever forget that you are His child. Rely on Him for EVERYTHING. Don't ever let yourself believe that you don't need Him. I promise you, you do. Give yourself to Him and He will take your life and who you are and make a masterpiece! A work of art like nothing you've ever seen before! I'm so grateful for my Father in Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for all of you. Thank you SO much for everything you do for me! I miss you all but I'm so happy here and wouldn't want to be anywhere else! Have a great week!! LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!!!
Love, Sister Andersen

Whoa! Only 3 more transfers???? Unreal! (And quite exciting!)
ReplyDelete