Monday, October 20, 2014~Week 62
Cainta; 4:32 PM Mon (PH); 2:32 AM Mon (US)

Hello there! So.... sooooooooo much has happened since last Wednesday.
TODAY
This has been one of the most difficult, most tiring, and most sacred weeks of my whole mission. So last Thursday morning, I was doing my personal study and then President called. Long story short, Sister Fewster is returning home to England on Medical Release. When President called on Thursday morning it was to tell me that I needed to take Sister Fewster to the MRC {Missionary Recovery Center} and that she needed to pack everything up. At that point we didn't know that she would be going home. We only knew that she would be staying there. So there were many tears shed on her part. The APs came and picked her up that day and then President texted me later that night and told me that she would be returning home. The first thing that we asked was if we could go and visit her before she left and he said that would be fine and he'll let us know when we could. And then on Friday morning, he texted and asked us if we wanted to just go spend the night with her at the MRC and keep her company and so of course, we said YES!! So after proselyting on Friday, we packed up some stuff and went over to the MRC.
 I've never seen the temple at night! Isn't it pretty?
She didn't know that we were coming and so when we walked in, she started crying because she was so happy to see us. And then when we told her that we were staying the night, she cried ever harder. :)


And here's a quick happy side note. At the MRC, it's not against the rules to watch Disney movies. And so do you know what we did?? WE WATCHED FROZEN!! THREE TIMES!!!
F R O Z E N
Hahahaha I almost DIED because I was so happy!! It was the best experience of my life!! It's the cutest movie EVER!!!! And now I understand why EVERYONE told me when it first came out that I reminded them of Anna. Because I fall and trip and bump into things and I'm super awkward around boys. The whole time I was just watching the movie and thinking, "Oh my gosh. I feel like I'm watching myself." Hahaha gooooood times at the MRC.
 I might have been just a little bit excited....
{Garcia, Zollinger, me, Fewster} 
The Elders were confused as to why we watched it three times in a row but who cares about them. We were happy:)

But the really amazing part of this whole experience was Saturday morning. We woke up and the senior couples there made us breakfast and then after breakfast an Elder there was supposed to give a spiritual thought and it was PERFECT. Because he too is going home early on medical release. He chose a scripture that talked about the sons of Mosiah being satisfied with their mission and he talked about how even though he's going home early, that's how he feels and he knows that he's given everything he can and the Lord is pleased with his work. He said before he felt angry and so sad that he was going home but then he read that scripture and was over come with peace and comfort that the Lord isn't asking anything else from him. And then the senior sister, Sister Carly, added something truly amazing. She talked about how those missionaries that are going home early don't need to worry. She talked about Abraham and how he was asked by the Lord to sacrifice his son Isaac. Abraham willingly obeyed even though it was hard. But, the Lord stopped him before he finished the task. She told the missionaries there at the MRC that that is exactly what the Lord has said to them. He called them to serve their missions to test their obedience. And even though they knew before hand the trials they would face, especially since they had medical problems, they willingly obeyed. And now that they've proven their loyalty to the Lord, the Lord has stopped them in their missions. He's told them that it is enough and now it's time for other things. I can't tell you how grateful I was to that Sister for sharing that. Because I held Sister Fewster in my arms the night before as she cried and cried expressing her sorrow for the fact that she's not finishing her mission and that she feels like she's failed the Lord. It was a different experience that morning as I held her when she cried because she knew that she's given everything she can.
Our cute crying faces. Haha
The most spiritual experience for me by far though was as we all knelt down in prayer before we left the MRC. I was asked to give the prayer and I've never felt the spirit more strongly. I knelt there holding Sister Fewster's hand just weeping as I offered that prayer. I could feel the spirit guiding me and I could feel Heavenly Father's love stronger than I ever have before. I could not be more grateful for the opportunity and blessing that I had to be with Sister Fewster even for that short week. She is so brave and so strong and I can't wait to hear where the Lord is going to take her next. I'm going to have to give more details about this week when I get home because I can't even describe it in an email. Just know that I'm so so SO grateful and feel so blessed. I love Sister Fewster with all my heart and I know that the Lord is so proud of her work. Prayers in her behalf are beyond needed.

That's all I have time for today! Thank you so so much for everything!! I love and miss you all like crazy!! Time is going by so fast and I just wish it would slow down a little bit! I'm happy to be here and I'm happy to be serving my Heavenly Father and His beautiful children here in the Philippines!! Have a great week!! Make someone happy!! LOVE YOUUUUUUUU!!

Love, Sister Andersen
Is this a lion, a dog, or a bear #youdecide
 This is Elder Lindsey aka Elder Disney. He's o b s e s s e d.
His normal handwriting is the Disney font. 
#jeepneyrides

No comments:

Post a Comment