Wednesday, October 15, 2014~Week 61
Cainta; 4:36 PM Wed (PH); 2:36 AM Wed (US)

Hellooooooo!! So sorry for the delay. They didn't tell us last week before we emailed that our temple day was today and so I couldn't forewarn you. But I'm here now so all is well!

So this has been q u i t e the week. First off, for everyone who asked, yes I very much do love having a Brit for a companion. It's the beeeeeeeeeeeest. And yes of course I copy her accent all day and I was already pro at British accents anyway so #holleratyourgirl Fun fact! Sister Fewster is actually a Filipino! She was born here in the Philippines but then was adopted by people from England. Her real parents died. She doesn't have any other information than that. But she's okay with it because she loves her family so so much and she feels so blessed that she was adopted into a family that had the gospel. She's the sweetest lil' thing in the whole wide world and we're gonna have a lot of fun this transfer! I'm super excited to be with her! :)
#filipinosize 

General Conference was A M A Z I N G!! I still can't believe how fast it goes as a missionary! Whenever it ends I'm always sitting there like, WHAT?? IT'S OVER?! It just started!! I loved everything about conference! I loved all the messages about how much our Heavenly Father loves us. I feel like that was really stressed this conference. And I LOVED how much the speakers testified of having a living a prophet and how important and essential it is for us to follow his counsel. That's just SO important. And that's something that I've definitely gained a stronger testimony about since I've been on my mission. Our Heavenly Father is so completely mindful of us and to prove it, he's given us a prophet to lead us and guide us in the right direction so that we may ALWAYS be sure of what we need to do in order to return to His presence. It's a miracle!! AND how amazing is it that now people can speak in their native tongues?! That's the best thing I've ever heard of!! There's just a power in being able to teach and testify in your own language because that's where you're comfortable and even if people aren't understanding everything you're saying, the spirit works the same. I was so excited about that! I hope that one day they'll have a Filipino speak:) I don't have a lot of time to make a ton of comments but some of my favorite speakers were Lynn G. Robbins, D. Todd Christofferson, Dieter F. Uchtdorf, David A. Bednar, and of course, our dear Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. Quick experience though! On the Saturday afternoon session they were having troubles with the DVD they had been given that had conference on it. The English version didn't have any sound! So, they had to play it in Tagalog. And I almost cried because I knew that the Tagalog translation is SUPER deep and that they talk really really fast. I was soooo sad because this was conference! This is the thing that's gonna pick me up and keep me going for the next months! So I said a silent prayer and begged Heavenly Father to just please help me understand a little bit and feel the Spirit. And a miracle happened! I understood what they were saying! I mean I didn't understand EVERYTHING but I got the gist of what they were saying. It was my own little miracle. {But I can't wait to get the Ensign and read what they said....}
Hello moon.
But I have a BIG HannsBoNanns moment that I need to share. So on Sunday, I woke up and I had a fever of 100.4 degrees and I was like Oh shoooot. Whyyyy?? Today is Conference!! But I just got ready and went anyway and all day I felt pretty crummy and I could feel that I was getting hotter. And so after Conference was over I asked our District Leader, Elder Osores, to give me a blessing. {Side Note: It was the first blessing I've received in Tagalog and it was so beautiful! My favorite part was that he promised me that when I wake up the next morning and for the rest of my mission I would feel Heavenly Father's love for me and I would feel the Spirit guiding me.} So I got the blessing and then we headed home because I needed to rest and we were in the house for literally maybe 34 seconds before my amazing HannsBoNanns skills kicked in. I was walking into our bedroom and there just happened to be a nice little extension wire there and of course, I tripped right on it. So as I was tripping I tried to take another step but then my other foot hit the fan in front of me and so now I'm just falling! Haha so I'm falling and my stomach gets stabbed by the corner of my desk and then my face just SLAMS into the books right there, like HARD. And then like .5 seconds after I fell, I tasted blood in my mouth and I was like, "Ahhhhh man!!" And so I ran to the sink and continued to spit blood for a solid 3 minutes because...... I had completely punctured my lip with my teeth!! IT. WAS. SO. DEEP. It was absolutely disgusting to look at. We were all afraid I was gonna have to get stitches. But we just put some ice on it and I laid down and thought to myself, "Hanns. You're a mess." So that was Sunday night and on Monday morning I woke up and my lip was HUGE!! I screamed when I looked in the mirror!! It was covering up the top portion of my lips!! I couldn't even talk! And I still had a fever!! So needless to say, we didn't go out in public. Because fevers and big fat punctured lips do not match the message I am bearing as a disciple of Jesus Christ. Haha BUT! Today it looks GREAT!! You can barely tell that it's a little swollen and it's scabbing up nicely!
Yeah I wasn't feeling too great about life. 

So that's my HannsBoNanns moment!! And I got on Monday night and wrote a song about myself. It's an unfinished composition. There will be more to come. Here it is: {To the tune of Part of Your World from Little Mermaid} {And 'sugat' in Tagalog is like a general term for like a scar or a scratch or wound or injury or something. #tagaloglessons}

Look at my lip, isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my complexion's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl, 
The girl who hurts everything?
Look at my legs, sugats untold.
How many sugats can one body hold?
Lookin' right at me you'd think,
"Yep, she's cut everything!"
I've got scratches and bruises a plenty.

I've got bumps and mosquito bites galore.
You wanna see scars? I've got 60!

But who cares? No big deal.
Four months more!
TODAY
And there it is! I'll add more when I have time:) Anyway, it's been a great week despite the craziness of it all. I feel so blessed that I got to go to the temple today. It'll be my last time for the year. They just changed the rules. We're only going to go quarterly now. They told us that our work is for the living right now, not for the dead. It just goes to show that the Lord is really hastening His work and He needs us more than ever. So the next time I'll step inside that beautiful place will be in January. I'm counting the days.
Well, that's all I've got time for today! I love you all so so much! Thanks for all the love and prayers! I feel them constantly! You're all the best! Do something wonderful for someone this week! I'll talk to you on Monday! Have a great week!! LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Love, Sister Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment