Monday, September 29, 2014~Week 59
Cainta; 12:26 PM Mon (PH); 10:26 PM Sun (US)

Hello there family and friends and fans and others! #ha #joke

Well this past week was a good one! First of all, let me tell you about the little miracle that happened on Thursday. So we all know that HannsBoNanns has been sick for quite some time now so Sister Revillo sent me to an actual hospital that morning and we got there and I already felt so much better because it was clean and organized and beautiful and happy!
#selfies
So we went to the doctor's office where Sister Revillo said to go but the doctor was all grumpy and not very nice and was like, "We don't start until 1 pm." (It was 10:00 am) So I asked if there were other gastro doctors available and they sent me to a different doctor and it was a tender mercy! We get there and he saw me right away and he was sooooooooooo nice and he listened to me talk and then said immediately, "Well it sounds like you've got an amoeba! Don't worry though, we've got medicine for that and if that's really what is, we can get this fixed in a week!"   So he prescribed two pills for me to take 3 times a day and then sent me on my way.
This is the view from the bathroom at the hospital
and you can see our cute little temple!
So that was already one miracle! Before I had gone to the hospital, Sister Revillo told me that the consultation alone would cost 800 to 1,000 pesos. But when I went up to the secretary to pay she said, "Okay na po. Walang bayad. Mga misyonero naman kayo. Ingat po! :)" That is to say, "It's okay. There's no fee. You're missionaries. Take care! :)" I was like ummmm wait come again? And then when we walked out I was still a little bit in shock. I was like woooooooooooow. Heavenly Father LOVES me so so much. So that was my miracle on Thursday:)
Yeah so sometimes my eggs are orange instead of yellow..... 
#welcometothephilippines #wherestormsliketohappen
 #justgettinourdailydoseofrain 
Hello beautiful.
We like it here in the Phillies. 
On Saturday morning we got to go do a service project as a district and it was so fun! We had to hike up this huge mountain and I was dead tired by the time we got to the top but I'm so grateful for the experience. Because the member that we went and did the service for is a convert. She was baptized three years ago. And every single Sunday she walks up and down that mountain to go to church. 
Every. Single. Sunday.
The door straight to heaven.

I just can't get over how gorgeous this place is! 

She told me that since she started investigating the church, she has NEVER missed a Sunday. EVER. And let me tell you, that hike about killed me. It was HOT and it was STEEP and it was LONG. But she goes all the same because she knows that that is where she needs to be. She's amazing! She's the Gospel Principles teacher too in her ward. We kept saying how she should be featured in the Liahona. It just goes to show that if there's a will, there's a way and we should never have an excuse not to go to church.


 He has a nice life. He just sits and basks in the sun
 while I sweep the dirt. #whatadog
 Elder Ruadil!
The cutest little District Leader ever!
 (He's carrying Sister Wiradi's bag because
she was tired.  #sweetchild)

So our service project at her little house was cleaning up her yard. So her yard is basically just dirt. And we got out the cute little brooms and we started sweeping up the dirt and I remember thinking to myself, "Haha Hannah.... you're sweeping dirt!" But then I got to thinking and I thought about the fact that if my yard was just dirt, I would want my dirt to be nice and pretty too!! So I got a little humbled there and put more purpose into my sweeping of that dirt! Haha #bethouhumble #inthyweakness #hymn130

Goat! 
 Oh Sister Wiradi.
{She's holding a broom and slowly
inching towards it trying to get close.} 
I mean really. Does it get any more beautiful?
I don't know why I'm obsessed with the goats here.
Whenever I see a goat, I take a picture of it.
 #sorrynotsorry #theyaresoadorable
On Saturday night, we held a Family Home Evening at the chapel for some of our investigators. Our main focus for that was the Solomon family because we really want them to start building relationships with the ward because they are SO getting baptized in October (As in, we taught word of wisdom and they have NO problems! #preparedbytheLord) But we had other investigators there too! And then 7:00 pm rolled around and the other investigators came but the Solomon family wasn't there. 7:15 and still they weren't there and so we decided to start and Sister Wiradi and I were so sad. And then.... half way through the opening hymn.... one of their kids poked their head in through the door and I FLEW out of my seat! I was soooooooooooooo excited!! THEY CAME!! THE WHOLE FAMILY!!! And then on Sunday, they all came to church!! It was amazing! It truly was just such a miracle!! Heavenly Father really answers prayers when we're doing what we're supposed to do! They don't always come right away, but they come. It's like Bryan always tells me, "God honors those who honor Him." It's the truest thing I've ever heard and I'm so grateful to have had so many experience here in my mission to testify of that.
TODAY
#cuties 
Anyway, it was just a super great week full of miracles big and small! Our numbers were not that great this week honestly. But we still worked hard and saw the fruits of our labors. I'm so grateful to be here. I love being a missionary and I love the Philippines! There's no where else in the world I would rather be! Thank you all for the love and support you CONSTANTLY give! I couldn't do it without ya! :) Hope you all have a fabulous week! Go bless someone's life! Share the gospel! Miss you! LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Love, Sister Andersen

1 comment:

  1. So glad to read that she got to a dr. who can help her feel better! And "no pay" because she is a missionary...that is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete