Monday, January 26, 2015~Week 76
Cainta; 1:52 PM Mon (PH); 10:52 PM Sun (US)

Heyyoooooo. So first off, Nick, I hope you had a splendid birthday and I'm sorry that I'm a terrible little sister and I didn't get a letter written to you but in all fairness it's my last transfer and I'm super busy and tired and I'll see you like really really soon so you should probably forgive me. Remember, charity is a Christ-like attribute. 
This was my breakfast in honor of Nick's birthday.
#dontmindmypuffyface #ijustwokeup
 
Man, that was the BEST Zone Conference I've ever had! The spirit was soooooooo strong. Elder Hart is our Traveling Assistant to the President and is probably one of the best public speakers I've ever heard in my whole life. When he speaks, I listen. He was talking about managing our time and using it to the fullest. One of my favorite things he said was, "Elders and Sisters, think, just think, about the importance of a second. No no no no, about the possibility of a moment." It just hit me so hard. All those moments. All those little moments that you miss, not because you're doing something wrong or sinful, but because maybe you stopped for even just a second. Who passed by in that moment? Who did you miss? Who didn't you get to share the gospel with? It just hit me so hard and I walked out of that conference with a stronger desire to just use every last second to it's fullest. Elder Hart said, "Now I can't promise you that EVERY SINGLE TIME you go out the door at EXACTLY 10:00, you'll find that golden investigator or that EVERY SINGLE TIME you talk to someone, they'll accept that gospel into their lives. But you never know. Elders and Sisters, you have to think about what COULD happen in those moments. Don't ever forget the possibility of a moment." It was just such a huge revelatory experience. It was exactly what I needed.
Zone Conf. 1/20/15: And yes that's me sitting right next to President.
#specialchild 

Zone Conf. 1/22/15
 This is Elder Phelps! Brock Johnson's cousin! 
#selfieswiththeelders
Elder Phelps, me, Elder Yourglich, Elder Delfin, and Elder Purificacion (taking the picture.)
Bearing my testimony wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. It just felt completely normal and I didn't cry so that was a relief. Haha but yeah I was fine and it was just really hard to believe that it was time for me to bear my testimony up there at the pulpit. I still don't feel like I'm going home soon. I don't know if I should be feeling it yet but I don't. Every day just feels like a normal work day. We go out and teach and testify and come home and plan and sleep and then do it on repeat and it's the best ever. I'm loving this transfer because we're getting at least 16 to 17 new investigators every single week. Miracles are just happening all over the place and it's amazing to watch. The standards have been raised by the Lord for our mission but he's also raised the capability of all the missionaries and he's raised the amount of people are ready and willing to hear the gospel. This is just such a great time to be a missionary and I count myself as one of the lucky and blessed ones.
I love the children. 
But oh my goodness the ward. I'm the butt of all their jokes now and everyone likes to remind me how many days I have left and all the things I'll be missing once I leave and temple marriage and hastening the work of the Lord to the temple and yata yata yata. Ay naku! Hahaha the ward mission leader is literally doing a count down where he sends a text every day reminding me how many days I have left. #thanks #ihateyouall Haha just kidding I love this ward. They're the beeeeeeeeeeeest.
TODAY 
This morningggggg.

Welp, we gotta go now! We're gonna go bowling as a zone! I'm so excited! I haven't been bowling in like 2 years! Sooooo yep. Hope you all have a great week! Remember who you are and what you stand for! Share the gospel! With everyone! You're all the best! LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Love, Sister Andersen

Yeah so these flies were just having a
nice little meeting here on this plant leaf. 
I wish I could describe to you how big this pig actually was. It was H U G E.
Good morning star shine. The Earth says hello.
{This morning at about 6 am}
Oh hello there. We're the missionaries! 
Clearly she loves me. 
Sister Andersen: "Wait...what? I only have 2 weeks left in the field?"
Sister Moeakiola: "Excuse me?!? You can't tell my companion what to do! Get outta my face!"
#missionaryworkdoesthingstothebrain
#selfies4lyfe

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe it is already coming to a close! Sister Andersen - You Are a CHOICE Missionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah's emails are so fun to read. She's very expressive. And her PICTURES!!! Love the slice of life ones: flies on a leaf, kids in the street. She's done a wonderful job of documenting her mission. Thanks Paige for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete