Monday, January 12, 2015~Week 74
Cainta; 6:51 PM Mon (PH); 3:51 AM Mon (US)

Hey there errybodyyyy.

So this has been a good week. First of all, we went on exchanges with the STLs on Saturday {my very last time..... how sad....but also happy.....because it's always just a little bit stressful when they come...haha} and it was the best! Sister Verdeflor is such a good teacher and I learned so much from her. I ALWAYS learn so much from exchanges. I loved teaching with her. Because she is so refined and dignified and she helps people understand in such a simple way but lets them know how important these principles are. She's the best! And I'm glad that she was my last STL to go on exchanges with. At the end of the day during our evaluations, they always ask us what we think our strengths are and it's always so awkward. I don't know it's so hard for us humans to talk about things that we're good at. But they make you do it anyway. Haha anyway, during these discussions we always have at this point in the evaluations, I always just get so overwhelmed with how much my Heavenly Father has blessed me. Because he's given me ALL the tools that I need to help Him in this work. Before I came out on my mission, in my setting apart, I was told that Heavenly Father had blessed me with certain gifts and that this mission would help me to develop and expand those gifts and looking back, I can definitely see that it has. One of my biggest questions after getting my Patriarchal Blessing and learning of the things that Heavenly Father has blessed me with was how in the world to develop them and make them stronger. Because I know that we all have a responsibility to do so so that we can help build up the kingdom wherever we are. I just didn't know how. But as I was thinking about it, I can't say that there's a certain process for developing spiritual gifts. It's not like trying to perfect your free throws in basketball or your bow position in playing the violin. It's completely different. What I've learned is that as long as we're trying to do as the Savior would do, the talents and gifts that he's blessed us with automatically become stronger. Because the Savior is perfect and the gifts that we've been given are only given to us to help us become more like Him.  I've learned so much about myself and about the Savior and I'm grateful that Heavenly Father has opened my eyes to let me see the gifts He's given me so that I can be more aware of how to help Him in this work. It's a miracle!
#sillyfaces
Me and Sister Moe
And speaking of miracles, we had a big one on Sunday! So, by Saturday night, we only had 6 new investigators for the week but we knew that the standard was 12, but we were determined to find 6 more after church before we had to go the Area Broadcast at 6:00 pm. So I was fasting reallyyyyyyyyyyyy hard for that. After church, we just went to a certain part of our area and taught a referral from a returning less active and got 2 new investigators there. Then we just walked down the street and talked to an old lady and she let us teach her. Then we did the same thing with another old lady we talked to on the street. {Fun little side note: At first, she didn't really want us to teach her because she said she was already Catholic and would probably just stay Catholic. And then I told her, "Nay! {Grandma} I just want to share with you why I'm so happy and how you can be happy too! That's all! There's nothing bad about that right??" And then she was like, "Ummm yeah I guess that 's right. Okay sure!" Love the old people.} And then we were running out of time. It was 4:30 and we had to leave for the Broadcast by 5:00 so we could get there on time. And then I got a prompting to go to one of our returning less actives and teach them. I didn't know why because clearly that would not count as new investigators but we decided we'd better go anyway because the Spirit knows best right? So we get there and our less actives were there and one of our other newer investigators was there but that was it. Then I heard Jonnalyn, the investigator, say to her daughter something about going to tell tito {uncle} something in the house. And I was like, wait! There's more people in your house?? And she told me that her husband and his three brothers were all there. SO I was like, ummmmm excuse me for a second. And I walked right up and called them all down and said, "Hey! We have a great message we want to share with you! Wanna listen??" And they all just kind of looked at each other for a second and said... "Ummm sure." And then we taught them and it was the best lesson ever and the Spirit was so strong and they all accepted baptism! Which means that for that day we got 8 new investigators! A total of 14 for the week! I would just like to testify that fasting and prayer works miracles and the Lord wants us to succeed so much and if we do our part, he will ALWAYS help us reach the goals we have set. I love miracles!!
Just a regular day of work.
#dontmindmyface #itsonlyhalfgone #thesunwasbright #thatskellybytheway 
And just a quick little story about this morning. I needed to go to immigration today and we left our apartment at 5:30 because we had to be at the chapel at 6:30. And we waited for a taxi to come.... FOR THREE HOURS. It was down right ridiculous. And I was so frustrated and I was upset and I was praying to Heavenly Father for Him to just send me a dang taxi and there was NOTHING. So by the time we FINALLY got in one at 8:45 am, I was tired and probably a little bit cranky. So I started talking to the taxi driver to make me a little happier and less stressed out. And as we were talking, I felt that he is probably one of the most prepared people I've ever met to receive the gospel in his life. We got all his contact information and are going to send the missionaries in his area to him. And I don't know if I'm right, but maybe Heavenly Father just really really wanted me to talk to that man and give him the opportunity to accept the gospel and that's why He made me wait three hours for a taxi. Who knows? Only Him.
TODAY
 {at 5 30 in the morning....}
Welp, that's all I've got this week I think. It's been a great week and this week is gonna be even better! I'm loving the work, I'm loving the companion, I'm loving EVERYTHING! This is just literally the best time of my life and I couldn't be happier! When people ask me why I'm serving a mission, it's the best feeling in the world to tell them it's because this gospel makes me so so happy and I just want them to feel happy too. And ya know what, when I tell people that, they have a stronger desire to listen. Because I think that's the true desire of everyone's heart: to just be happy. What a privilege and a joy to be able to tell them how. I hope you all feel the happiness and joy the gospel brings to your lives every single day!! You're all the best! Thanks for the love and support! Have a great week!! LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!!

Love, Sister Andersen

My cute little Christmas gift from Kelly. 
She wishes that was hers. 

1 comment: