Wednesday, January 7, 2015~Week 73
Cainta; 2:42 PM Wed (PH); 11:42 PM Tues (US)
Heyyyyyoooooooooo! Oh my goodness I feel like I have so much I want to say and I don't know if I'll have time to say everything! But I'll try! So first of all, I can't believe it's already 2015!! That's so crazy!!
 |
#citylights {That's from our apartment on New Year's Eve} |
 |
| TODAY |
Anyway, Heavenly Father answered my prayer as pertaining to what kind of companion I wanted for my last transfer. I was just praying that I would get a companion that would help me work hard and stay focused on the work and He answered my prayer, but not in the way I expected. So my companion's name is Sister Moeakiola. She's from Tonga. She's 20 years old and SUPER spunky. Haha she loves to joke and it's a good thing that I'm not trunky because she loves to remind me how many days I have left. Every time there's an airplane in the sky she points and says "Look!! Malapit na!" She went into the MTC on June 6 so she's fairly new still. But she's great at Tagalog! She's basically unlike any other companion I've had... haha Basta, this is going to be a good transfer full of learning experiences and growth for the both of us. I'm excited. :)
 |
| My companion! Sister Moeakiola! |
I just want to share something that I learned this past week during personal study. I guess it's not really new information but it kind of hit me hard while I was studying. I was studying about the Holy Ghost. So we all know that the Holy Ghost works in perfect unity with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. And then I read in True to the Faith that, "the whisperings of the Spirit can calm your fears, hush the nagging worries of your life, and comfort you when you grieve." I don't know why but when I read that, I got this overwhelming feeling that not only do my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ love me so much, but the Holy Ghost, whoever He may be, must love me just as much because He works in perfect unity with Them. And as I reread that sentence, I thought about all the times in my life when I have felt scared, or lonely, or just been hurting on the inside and then, having prayed for help, the Spirit came and just gave me a much needed hug and the peace and hope and love I felt has always been overwhelming. I was just thinking that the Spirit must love us all SO much because He always comes to us in our hardest times and then STAYS with us until we feel okay again. I've always just thought about how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us, but if the Spirit works in perfect unity with Them, He would have to love us just as much as well. I don't know if this is making any sense. But I just felt it so strong when I studying about Him. When Elder Christensen of the Seventy came and spoke to us he said, "I believe the only reason we were brave enough to leave our Heavenly Father is because 1) we knew that Jesus Christ would atone for our sins and 2) because the Holy Ghost would be here to help us get back to our Heavenly Father." I'm so so grateful for the Holy Ghost. I've had so many amazing experiences with Him and I'm especially grateful for His part in helping me gain the testimony that I have right now, especially of my Savior. In True to the Faith it also says about the Holy Ghost, "His communication to your spirit carries far more certainty than any communication you can receive through your natural senses." I know how true that is. I can't remember who said it or what the exact quote is but some apostle said something to the effect that the Holy Ghost is the member of the Godhead with whom we will have the most personal experiences with here in this life. He is so so close to us. We just have to be worthy and then learn to listen to Him. Basta, I have a testimony of the Holy Ghost....because of the Holy Ghost. Haha :)
 |
The only time you'll see me looking itty bitty in the Philippines is when I'm standing next to something that's not so itty bitty. |
I had the most beautiful experience in the temple this morning. I learned so much and I'm amazed every single time I go there of how open Heavenly Father is with me. I just feel like whenever I talk to Him and ask a question or ask for His help, He just gives me the answer right then and there. If it's not an exact answer, it's usually just comfort and letting me know that everything will all work out. The temple is the most wonderful place on earth and I've missed it soooo bad! I've only got one more time in this temple and that makes my heart ache. But I'm grateful to know that no matter what temple we're in, the feelings there are ALWAYS the same. Temples are truly a miracle. EVERYONE GO!
 |
| I love this place. |
 |
| #selfies4lyfe |
 |
Heyyyyy there. I love the temple. So I was pretty happy I got to go this morning. |
 |
And then suddenly all the clouds went away and it was blue skies :) |
Okay, well that's about it I think for this week! Thanks for all the love and prayers and support! You're all the best! Stay close to the Savior in all that you do and help others do the same! Laugh a lot! Be happy! Stay happy! Love life! And have a great week! LOVE YOUUUUUUUU!!
Love, Sister Andersen
P.S. HannsBoNanns Moment: I fell off the bunk bed this morning and it wasn't because I was tired or drowsy or half asleep. I literally just fell off for no good reason. #hannsbonannsmoments #theyllnevergoaway #sorrynotsorry
 |
Sisters Andersen and Sauni pc: Ryan Marantal |
 |
| #nerds #hipsters #companionshipunity |
 |
Haha this is cute Sister Pau last week after we played basketball with some ward members. She didn't want to get transferred. {Sister Pau is my honorary step anak because I adopted her after Strebel abandoned her.} |
 |
And here's just a picture of me with my honorary step anak. Because she's gorgeous. |
 |
| Budok! |
 |
| Olan! |
 |
| #sweetarts #myfavoritecandy #thankssanta |
 |
THE MOON WAS SO SO BRIGHT HERE I'M NOT EVEN JOKING. That's why it doesn't look as detailed as it usually does. But siyempre, it's still gooooooorgeous. |
No comments:
Post a Comment