Monday, November 3, 2014~Week 64
Cainta; 1:25 PM Mon (PH); 10:25 PM Sun (US)
Hey there everyone!
 |
| This represents me amongst the Filipinos. #tallerthaneveryone #andaverydifferentcolor |
 |
TODAY
{I do realize that this is what I wore last week on P-Day...
#awkward
Right now Alena would say to me with an accusing tone,
"Lizzie McGuire you're an outfit repeater!"}
|
 |
| Everything about her is just super adorable. |
So I hope you all had a fabulous Halloween! I sure did! I don't know if anyone remembers but DALLIN H. OAKS CAME AND SPOKE TO US!! Yeah it was absolutely fantastic! Before he came, we were all gathered together as a mission in the cultural hall and everyone was just studying and it was so quiet and nice. I was studying from Preach My Gospel and then suddenly I just stopped and looked up and right after I looked up, Elder Oaks walked in. And then everyone just stood as him and his wife set their stuff down. I know I've been around apostles and general authorities before but this time was just different. I felt the spirit SO strong. He was just glowing! Tears came to me eyes. None of them spilled out but my eyes were definitely wet. And then we all got the opportunity to shake his hand. When it was my turn, I shook his hand and looked straight into his eyes and he looked straight back and clasped my hand with both of his and gave the warmest smile. It was just a special moment. Anyway, that whole entire conference was just filled with wonderful messages and I got that flood of revelation that I was looking for! I can't even tell you everything that was said because there was so much covered so I'm just gonna have to let you all know when I get home. But I'll just share one little thing that I loved that he said. He was talking about the difference between testimony and conversion. He shared the example of when Christ asked his disciples, "Whom say ye that I am?" And Peter answers, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God." And Jesus said to him, "Blessed art thou Simon-Barjona..." He bore his testimony and Jesus called him blessed. And then just a few months later, Christ tells that same apostle, "When thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." Then Elder Oaks said, "Testimony is NOT enough. To testify is to declare and proclaim. Conversion is to change and DO." I loved it! It's so true! That we can have a burning testimony of this gospel but if we don't live it, if we don't use the power of the Atonement to change ourselves and become more Christ-like, we will never get anywhere. Not in this life or the next. So don't just gain a testimony! Be converted! My other favorite part was at the very end of his address to us when he said in his very deep, powerful, Dallin H. Oaks voice, "You are servants of the Lord Jesus Christ." And then very slowly and powerfully he stated, "You. Are. Called. Of. {pause} God." Bah! It was so powerful! I've heard that line a million times but it was so different coming from an Apostle of God! It was the BEST experience ever!
 |
| So this lady came up to me after the Mission Tour with Elder Oaks and says, "Are you Sister Andersen?" "Yes!" "Can I get a picture with you?" "Ummm... yeahhh...sure... {nervous laugh} Who are you?" So then she goes on to tell me that she knows my cousins and family from St. George! I can't even remember how now because my mind was kind of racing at the time she told me. But her name is Angie and she has a daughter named Kate! And so somebody tell me how she knows the family again! Haha |
And then my world came crashing down on Saturday. So starting last Monday, I've had a fever off and on every day and my stomach was hurting but I just kind of brushed it aside because I was taking medicine and didn't know what else to do. {bad idea} Soooo Saturday, I was able to reach the temperature of 103.838 degrees Fahrenheit! #ithinkthatsarecordforme I was burning up and I was so tired and so weak and I felt like I was gonna die. So Sister Revillo told me to go to the hospital and so off I went like a zombie to Medical City! And when I got there, haha.... I went to the ER and they immediately started pumping fluids into me because I was SOOOO dehydrated. So that was a very fun experience.
 |
| #fluids |
 |
| #meds |
And that's basically all I've got for ya this week! I learned so much and I can't wait to tell you more when I get home! Because there's just not enough time right now! Thanks for all the love! Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week! Miss you! LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!!!
Love, Sister Andersen
 |
Elder Lindsey taught me how to write Disney the correct way. He said it's still not perfect but it's getting better. #itsanart #ihadnoideaitrequiredsomuchstudy #mybad |
 |
| #proofthatitwasme |
So sorry Sister Hannah is SICK! Not good, not fun at all. Get Well & Stay Well!
ReplyDelete