Monday, November 24, 2014~Week 67
Cainta; 1:43 PM Mon (PH); 10:43 PM Sun (US)
Hello there everyone!
 |
| TODAY |
So this week has been a good one! Just like every week here. I've never had a week that's just been full of bad. I don't think I ever will for my whole life and that's something I'm very grateful for. But, this week was definitely not without it's challenges. This area is actually pretty stressful and usually I just ignore how stressful it is and keep going with a smile. But I noticed it more this week because I could see that Sister Sauni is stressed out. Our investigators are pretty difficult sometimes. We had an investigator we were teaching about tithing and after we taught her she said, "Baka hind na ako interasado sa Mormons dahil sa ikapu nyo." {Translation: Well maybe I'm not interested in Mormons because of your tithing.} So sometimes it's just discouraging. But it made both Sister Sauni and I realize that we need to find more investigators. We really need to find those prepared people because otherwise we're just wasting time. So that hit us hard this week. I think the other thing I realized is that I can't be afraid to drop people. It's hard because we're taught to see the potential in everyone and I do! I see it in everyone! But sometimes it's just not their time and if I've done everything I can to help them understand, that's all I can do. I need to spend more time on the people that are really ready for this. But once again, I'm just so grateful for Sister Sauni because we just have fun together. We both just think we're both hilarious and we make each other laugh all day every day. So life is still good even though it's hard!
 |
"Sometimes my hair gets REEEEEEEAL frizzy here in the Phillies. And sometimes all the kids everywhere in the Phillies call me "Aswang!" {meaning ghost} or "White Lady!" {White lady is a well known ghost here. So that's nice.}
#ghost #whitelady #blackandwhitefiltertoaddeffect #imakethechildrencry #truestory #ithappens
(I commented about something kids in my own mission said and she replied....)
Hahaha mom EVERYONE, not just the kids, say, "Ang laki oh! Ang laki!!" as I walk past. Yep. I'm just a huge, white lady!
That's a true story though really about the children crying. Children have definitely cried when they see me. Some of them though just stare at me in fear because they think they're looking at alien of some sort because of my white skin and hazel eyes. The eyes really scare them. So then I just make my eyes bigger and start walking like a zombie and chasing them. And then the tears come.......Hahahahahaha
It's worse if you have blue eyes though. They're more scared of that. Haha"
|
I was thinking this past week about why I'm still here in the area. I was pondering and trying to figure out why Heavenly Father is giving me another transfer here. And as I was thinking about it, there were certain names that came to my head that I know only Sister Sauni and I can help right now. Two of those names are Angelo and Andre. They are less actives in this ward and I'm set on rescuing them! We had a small miracle with them! On every Saturday night, the guys in the ward go and play basketball at the chapel. And after some coaxing and pushing and shoving from us and the ward missionaries, THEY WENT! And they enjoyed it! Yesterday, Andre, Anita, and Nanay all came to church. Angelo didn't but we're still making progress with that boy. Sister Sauni and both feel that if we can get Angelo back, we can get the other three to stay active too. Angelo is the key here! And we're gonna get him! :)
 |
| Angelo, Anita, and Andre! {We're gonna rescue these boys!} |
 |
| Anita, Tin Tin, Nanay Feliza |
 |
| Me and Nanay! |
And as I was thinking about all of that, I was thinking about two of our investigators, Emma and William. They have been investigating the church for one year now but it wasn't until Sister Sauni and I were here together that they accepted baptism. It was just a testimony to me that God puts us in certain areas with certain companions and certain times for a purpose. There is never any mistake. He knows the whole plan and He knows what His children need. And as long as we're doing what we're supposed to be doing, we'll be able to help Him fulfill His eternal purposes.
 |
| Abigail :) |
 |
She's so darling! This is her face when she's tired. But man this child has a LOT of energy at night! |
 |
| Miah :) |
 |
| #models #clearly |
 |
I don't know why Miah is doing that to Abigail's face. |
One more experience that I want to share from this week is just a little moment that I had last week. I was riding on a tricycle down a road called Floodway. It's a reeeeeeeally long trike ride and the whole of it is squatters. But as I was riding past everything and seeing everything--the boys playing basketball, the tindahans, the dogs, the cats, the naked children, the dirt, the broken homes, the old jeepneys, the moms, the old shirtless tatays with their big bellies, the Pasig River, the trees, the schools, the trash, the advertisements, the chess games happening in the mechanic shops, the smokers, the clouds, EVERYTHING--I was just overcome with such a great love for this place. Because this place is poor. And it's hard. And they live in it. And they see it. And I see it. And they love it. And I love it. It's amazing to me how much I feel sometimes. Sometimes I'm just completely overcome with Heavenly Father's love for His children, wherever they are in the world. And it's at those moments, when I feel His love for others, that I receive the strongest witness that He is there. And that He loves ME. I don't know why it's like that. But it is. And I'm grateful for that.
 |
#riverside That's trash....this isn't a pretty river in real life. It's stinky. And like....black. These are two of our ward missionaries, Mark Ace is in front and Mike has the back pack. |
 |
It's pretty safe...... right?
I cross it every few days now because we found new investigators there. (She was asked how long the drop is....)
Haha it's not the drop that would kill me! It's the diseases I would contract from falling in that thing! |
So, that's been my week. It's been a good one. And it's gonna be another great one! I love being a missionary! It's the best experience in the world and I wouldn't trade it for anything!! Thank you all so much for everything you do for me! I'd be lost without you!! Have a wonderful week! LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
Love, Sister Andersen
 |
#pagod {It basically means tired.} |
 |
| Ang galing oh! Naks! |
No comments:
Post a Comment