Quezon City; 2:23 PM Mon (PH); 11:23 PM Sun (US)
Olo. Soooo I actually like really like the fact that it's only been 5 days since I last wrote you all instead of 7. That's a nice effect of temple day. I very much enjoy that. But it also means that I have less to talk about....so this might be a short letter. Haha #sorryyyyyy
So Friday was Jenie's birthday and that was fun! We went and had pansit at her house and just celebrated for a little while! It was fun!
I love Jenie so so much! She is soooo beautiful inside and out and such an
A M A Z I N G example to me of true conversion. She has had so many struggles in her life but they haven't ever shaken her faith in the Savior Jesus Christ ever since she learned who He was and all that He could do for her. She is such a strength to her family and I know that Heavenly Father is blessing her so much for all that she's doing. I have SEEN firsthand the blessings that have happened in her life since she truly truly put all her faith and trust in our Father in Heaven and His Son and it's been the most incredible experience for me. Knowing Jenie has been the biggest blessing in my life and I'm so so grateful.
Not to mention the fact that her son is dang precious and I want to adopt him and he always gives me flying kisses and hugs and now he knows how to kneel and Jenie and Arnel will say, "Pray ka na! Pray ka na!" and he'll just say "Jesus! Jesus!" But it sounds like "Hey shoooos. Heyyy shoooos." I love him.
A M A Z I N G example to me of true conversion. She has had so many struggles in her life but they haven't ever shaken her faith in the Savior Jesus Christ ever since she learned who He was and all that He could do for her. She is such a strength to her family and I know that Heavenly Father is blessing her so much for all that she's doing. I have SEEN firsthand the blessings that have happened in her life since she truly truly put all her faith and trust in our Father in Heaven and His Son and it's been the most incredible experience for me. Knowing Jenie has been the biggest blessing in my life and I'm so so grateful.
Not to mention the fact that her son is dang precious and I want to adopt him and he always gives me flying kisses and hugs and now he knows how to kneel and Jenie and Arnel will say, "Pray ka na! Pray ka na!" and he'll just say "Jesus! Jesus!" But it sounds like "Hey shoooos. Heyyy shoooos." I love him.
After that, we went to a member's house for dinner. Hahaha that was fun because I was already so full. But I ate still! And they have the most DARLING little baby girl! Haha I don't have a picture of her but I'll have to get one before I leave here! She's so precious! And when she talks, it's sounds like some alien language. It's like "tiketakegekatckaeiktcka" That was a really good example I know. Haha but really. She was just so funny! She just kept running around in circles and making herself dizzy and speaking her little language! Preshhhh.
| It was exactly this time when I thought to myself, "This is the best weather I have felt since I've been in the Philippines." It felt like h e a v e n. |
Saturday was GREAT! We got some really really great support from the Relief Society for the very first time since I've been here!! There was a Relief Society Caravan in Kaingin where 12 women all dressed in their cute little pink RS shirts came into Kaingin with us at 9:00 in the morning and split up and visited the less active women up there! It was awesome! And I think that if we keep this kind of support from the ward, we'll really see miracles happen! Because honestly, the missionaries can go to the less actives all they want, but unless they feel loved and accepted by the ward members, they won't have that desire to attend church and in turn, won't have the amazing opportunity to partake of the sacrament every week. So I'm super excited about the support that we've been receiving from the ward lately! But especially from the Relief Society this weekend! It was incredible!
Love, Sister Andersen
| Sunday morning. Waiting for the members in Kaingin. |
| Me. In a jeepney. haha |
| The inside of the driver's jeepney. He happens to be one of our investigators. See that book right there. #sup #hetakeshisBofMwithhim #success |
| Two members that live in Kaingin. Father and son. They both recently received the Aaronic Priesthood. |
| The inside of a jeepney. |
| All filled up. :) |
The other thing we've been starting to do is Family Home Evenings with members and that is FUN! Just thought I'd throw that in there.
Anyway...sorry this is a short letter but at least I wrote di ba?? Haha guess what?? NO HANNSBONANNS MOMENTS THIS WEEK! #sup #improvement #proudofmyself #youshouldbetoo Okay well I want you to know that I love you all and I love this gospel and I know it's true! I'm so grateful to be a missionary! Next week is transfer week and I know I'm leaving. I've outstayed my welcome here. I'm gonna miss so many people here but I'm at peace with leaving. I'm just excited to come back and visit in 11 months:) Life is good! Love you all SO much!! Mahal kita!!Love, Sister Andersen
| Today! |
| Tibs Today |
No comments:
Post a Comment