Monday, December 22, 2014~Week 71
Cainta; 2:30 PM Mon (PH), 11:30 PM Sun (US)

Family! Friends! Others! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! 
TODAY 
So I want to start out with a miracle that happened! Last week, there was a girl at church that I honestly thought was a member. But we found out on Sunday that she was an investigator and she lived in our area. So we set up an appointment with her on Wednesday. Then Wednesday rolls around and as we're teaching her, we come to find out that she has come to church for 6 consecutive weeks and she reads the Book of Mormon every day and knows it's true and knows that this is the true church and she wants to be baptized! So we were like, okay! Will you be baptized on the 27th?? And she said, Yes! I can't tell you how excited Sister Sauni and I were! :) So we're kind of cramming in all the lessons but it's okay because she basically knows everything and is already following everything because her best friend is LDS and in our ward and taught her all this ages ago. So that means that this Saturday we will have two baptisms! Nanay Ligaya and Joanna. It really is a white Christmas here in Cainta and I couldn't be happier!
This is what President texted us after
we told him about our miracle with Joanna.
 

We had a goal in our mission to get 200 baptisms for the month of December. But when we looked at the scheduled baptisms, we came short. There are only 186 projected baptisms. And it's not like other missions in the world where they can be baptized in 2 weeks or even a week. It's a rule that they HAVE to come to church 4 consecutive times and they have to live the Word of Wisdom for 4 weeks as well to show they are truly committed. Because here, those are the two biggest problems. But then, things like this happen! This is just a testimony to me of the fact that God is on our side and he really does want us to reach our goal that we set for 200 baptisms. He really can do anything and if we all just do what we're supposed to do and work hard and BELIEVE, Heavenly Father will provide. Despite the projections that we have, I truly believe that we can hit 200 baptisms. I don't know how, but I know that Heavenly Father knows how and He will help us. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I'm praying for a miracle! :)
Christmas Conference! Sister Pau, me, Sister Koloi
Me and Sister Rimano! She's going home.  :(
Me and Sister Pau! 
We had Christmas Conference last Thursday and it was so fun!  We watched the Polar Express and I was so H A P P Y! Because it really really just felt like Christmas! And I would just like to publicly announce that the bell still rings for me and that I BELIEVE. :)
The bell still rings for me...
Yesterday at church we had 8 investigators there and two of them were brand new! Nanay Ligaya brought one of her little old nanay friends to church with her. Honestly, for that is one of the greatest evidences that someone has gained a testimony of this gospel, is when they have a desire to share it with others and then they actually do it! It's the best. That's how it should be for all of us. If we really knew for ourselves that this is the only true church and that we have the fullness of the gospel, we would have that desire to go tell everyone else about it! Because they don't know, and they won't know until people begin to open their mouths and share. Bah! I didn't understand this before my mission but now I totally get it. I'm just so grateful that I know what I need to do now because it means that I can do this great work for the rest of my life!
Me and Sister Sauni 
 And lastly, I just want to share my thoughts on Christmas. Christmas is literally the best time of the year. Just like that old song says, "It's the most wonderful time of the year! There'll be parties for hosting, marshmallows for toasting and caroling out in the snow. There'll be scary ghost stories, and tales of the glories of Christmases long, long ago. It's the most wonderful time of the year!" But this year I learned that yes that makes us all happy and it really is all wonderful, but that's not the real reason. It's the happiest and most joyful time of year because it's the time that we celebrate the birth of Christ. It's the most wonderful time of the year because HE is wonderful and only through Him can we find true joy. This time of year isn't just a time to celebrate His birth, but His whole life. Everything He did. It's a time to be grateful for what we have and then turn around and give; because He gave us everything. It's a time to learn of His life and His Atonement. This has been and forever will be my favorite time of year but now for a better and deeper purpose. I'm so grateful for my Savior. He's my closest friend and I owe Him everything I have. I'm so beyond grateful to be a missionary right now. I love this work and I love these people and I love Jesus Christ. This truly is the most wonderful time of the year and the most wonderful time thus far in my mission!:)
Me with the Parental Units here in the mish.
Oh my goodness I get to see you all in three days and I'm so excited!! I just can't wait to hear your voices again! I honestly can't believe though that it's been 7 months since I last skyped. Time is going sooooooooo fast. Basta, I'm super excited and I'll see you all soon!!! Merry Christmas! LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!! 

Love, Sister Andersen
Haba ng hair!
My lolo in the mission came back to visit his old areas!
 This is Elder Roman! Haha he's grown up so much!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment