Monday, December 15, 2014~Week 70
Cainta; 4:01 PM Mon (PH); 1:01 AM Mon (US)
Hey family!!!!!!!! So this has been a pretty good week I'd say!!
| |
| I never get tired of waking up to this. |
| I curled Sister Garcia's hair for the first time in her life. #supmodel |
First of all, Sister Sauni and I had an interesting experience on Wednesday. Wednesday was our finding day and in our finding, we found an Italian! His name is Mario and he doesn't speak a lick of Tagalog. He only knows how to say, "Kaunti lang" when people ask him if he can speak Tagalog. And as for English, yeah he doesn't speak that either. He can kind of understand what we're saying but he can't respond. He would respond to me in Italian and I would be like..... "Ummmm I have no idea what to say to you..." But somehow, by some miracle, we were able to communicate to him that we were missionaries for Jesus Christ and then he was like "Wife! Come!" And then he beckoned us to follow him and so we followed him to his little home where his wife and his little 8 month old baby were. Now his wife was Filipina and so I was able to speak to her in Tagalog and that was the biggest relief of my life. And then we asked her if we could share to them and they agreed. So this is basically how the lesson went the whole time: "Tayo ay mga anak ng Diyos -- We are all children of God -- At na mahal na mahal Niya tayo -- And he loves us all so much. -- At dahil mahal na mahal Niya tayo, ibinigay Niya sa atin isang napakagandang plano -- And because He loves us so much, He gave us a beautiful plan." And that's what it was like the whole lesson. Every single sentence going back and forth between Tagalog and English and speaking as if we were talking to little children. But here's the thing, even though he didn't really know and understand all the words we were saying to him, I know that he could understand us. Because the spirit was there. And the spirit was taking everything that we were saying and translating it into the language of the heart. And he felt it. I could see it in his face. And we asked if we could come back and they both said yes! It was crazy! They're going to be moving to Italy soon so we're going to get their information and give it to the missionaries there. Wouldn't it be so cool if he accepted the gospel after the missionaries there teach him and he gets baptized?? And to think that it actually would have started in the Philippines. God works in mysterious ways. Soooo we'll have to see how that goes!!
Other big news! Ariel was baptized! Finally!!
| He made it! Ariel finally made it to the waters of baptism! |
| He said he felt like a Kung Fu master. Oh Ariel. |
| We worked reallyyyyyyyyyyy hard to get this kid here. |
| This is the puffed up version of Dora. Hahaha Olan!! I love her!!! |
| Look at this beautiful woman! |
| That's Dave. He's hard to describe. Just call him "kulit." |
| Olan was putting cute little flowers in our hair. |
| Ryan Marantal. He's a frog. |
The Christmas devotional was b e a u t i f u l. I loved all the talks but I especially loved the one from Elder D. Todd Christofferson. I loved the story that he told. It made me cry because I just think about all the good people in the world that just do such good things. And it's all because of the light of Christ that they have within them. That's another Christmas miracle right there. And I was SO touched by the music. I shed a few tears when the choir sang, "O Come, All Ye Faithful." Good heavens it was so powerful! Like, there wasn't enough room in my body to hold all the feelings inside my Spirit! I am so grateful for music. Especially Christmas music. It really does bring the Spirit into our lives.
| Advent from mom. Each day has a scripture about Gifts we receive because of Jesus Christ. #HeIsTheGift #ShareTheGift |
Well, I'll just say that after our zone training today, I can really feel that the Lord is hastening His work. There is no doubt about it. This mission is really stepping up this next year and I'm excited for it. I'm bummed that I'll be here for the beginning of it all but I'll for sure keep myself posted. I know that this next year is going to be a year of pure miracles. And just to give you an idea of how the Lord is hastening His work and getting His missionaries more focused, effective February 1, 2014, emailing time is only ONE hour instead of two AND you are no longer allowed to chat back and forth with your mom or anyone else in the family. Haha Heavenly Father knew that's a little difficult for me and mom so that's why he told President Revillo to wait until February 1, 2014! Because that means I only have one p-day where that rule applies to me. Phew! Close call!! Any way, I love you all and can't wait to see you NEXT WEEK!!!! Merry Christmas! LOVE YOUUUUUUUU!!
Love, Sister Andersen
No comments:
Post a Comment