Monday, May 19, 2014~Week 40
Antipolo; 12:59 PM Mon (PH); 10:59 PM Sun (US)


Heyyyyy family! So I would just like to publicly declare that I am l o v i n g life! This is the greatest area in the world!! I never want to leave! And Sister Dowe and I  think that we should probably just stay together for forever because we are literally the Dream Team! So many great things are happening in this area! It's amazing! 
TODAY
When I got to this area, there was only 1 progressing investigator and one investigator with a baptismal date. But ever since SisterDowe and I got together, the area has BOOMED! It's literally been a miracle to watch! Right now we have 10 investigators with a baptismal date. And then on Saturday night, our district leader called and he asked us what our most awesome companionship goal was and for some reason we just told him that we were going to have 21 investigators with baptismal dates by the end of the week. We have no idea why we said that because we had originally set a goal for 17 by the end of the week. But the number 21 just came out. So we were like.....okay! I guess we're doing it! So we're really really REALLY excited for this week because we know that we can meet this goal but we also know that it's going to take A LOT of faith and A LOT of hard work and A LOT of prayers. We're really really excited to come home every day super tired. We also set a goal to OYM* 4 people a day. Meaning that our potential investigators will sky rocket! Which is, obviously, super great!! We got super inspired this week from our Zone Training that we had last Tuesday. The STLs gave a workshop about raising our expectations and how the mission has set a standard, called the Standard of Excellency, and missionaries are expected to hit that standard. But they talked about not just hitting the Standard of Excellency, but going over it. Jumping over it! And so that's what Sister Dowe and I are doing! We are literally going to leap over this standard because we know that we can! The way that this area has progressed so rapidly so quickly, we know that we can raise our expectations even more. As long as we continue to raise our faith and our diligence too, we can literally fly over the standard!
These kids were in the street selling hermit crabs
 for 5 pesos to get a little extra money.
I have absolutely no idea where
the heck they got them from though.....
 
Ang cute niya diba 




This is Hermie.
He would be my pet if it wasn't bawal to have pets.
So good news!! Jason came to church yesterday so we didn't have to kill him! What relief! Becuase we really like Jason and that would have been a shame. Haha we give him SUCH a hard time and he just takes it. He's super duper awesome! AND a wonderful wonderful miracle happened! Our ward mission leader found Jason a new job!!! I can't remember if I told you or not but Jason is a driver and so he takes stuff all over the place and sometimes he'll be gone for a few days and sometimes he has to drive on Sunday. But!! Brother Roger found him a job where he would only have to drive around places here in Cogeo and he won't have work on Sunday!! That's like the best idea anybody has ever had!! So pleeeeeeeease pray that Jason will be able to get the job! And that he'll have the courage to quit his other one. Because right now, he's in a tough situation where it would be hard for him to quit this job. So PRAY!
#skillzzzzzzzzz #photography #itsmycalling #justkidding #itsmycamera
So I have two wonderful stories this week! The first one, we extended a baptismal date to Rocky....... ELEVEN BLOODY TIMES IN ONE LESSON AND HE STILL ONLY SAID THAT HE'LL THINK ABOUT IT! Hahaha it was actually kind of hilarious. Rocky is a very interesting human being. His main concerns about baptism is that one, he can't swim, he thinks we might try to drown him, and he doesn't want us to hit him on the head with a baseball bat........ Yeahhhh...... But we're using this as our motive for the week! If we can extend a baptismal date 11 times in one lesson, we can sure as heck extend it 11 times in one week! The other great story is that I OYM'd James Bond!!! So there's this grocery store right by our house that we always go to to get our stuff and for like the past 2 1/2 weeks there's been this guy there that has normal clothes on but we could see that he had one of those FBI earpiece things and so we were really afraid of him and kind of made a big deal about him to ourselves. But then I was like, we need to talk to James Bond! Everyone needs the gospel! Even James Bond! So we went to go get our groceries and when we had finished gathering all of our food, we were heading towards him...... and then went down a different isle because we got nervous! And that happened like 7 times! Hahaha it took us like 10 minutes to finally get really close to him. And then Sister Doweand I walked past him because we got nervous again. But this time.... I stopped and turned around and just started talking to him and it was the scariest thing of my life because HELLO! He's James Bond! But actually it turns out that his name is Edwin and he's really really nice and he'd be willing to listen to us when he gets a day off! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? #hollaatyourgirl#imatruemissionarynow #sup Seriously, it was probably the accomplishment of a life time. So we're super duper excited because we're going back today to see if he read our pamphlet and talk to him more. Everyone, pray for Edwin! I seriously think he'd make the BEST Young Men's president everrrrrrrr!!! So that was a great OYM. We're also basically OYMing every tricycle driver in Antipolo. Every time we get in a tricycle, we talk to them about the gospel. Life is GREAT.
Aaaaaaand we just got a new ward mission leader who is fresh off his mission and we had our first meeting with him yesterday and we're sooooooooooooooo excited about this! He's going to be so great because he knows EXACTLY what we need!! So we're really expecting this area and this ward to grow like it never has before! I can't tell you how exciting this all is! It's the best thing in the world!! 
Anyway, thank you all for your letters and support and prayers and love!! I love you all so much!! You're the best!! Congrats to Joe!! Welcome to the best church ever!! I'm just so bloody excited for you because you've been going to church for years and basically doing everything that members do except for now, you get all the glorious blessings that come from being a part of the Lord's true church! Gah! My heart and soul are literally just SO happy right now!! Congrats!! Now get ready to serve a mission! The people need ya out there! Thanks again for everything! You're all the best! Have a great week and I'll talk to you soon! LOVEYOUUUUUUUUU!!!

Love, Sister Andersen
*OYM=Open Your Mouth 
PS: To answer your questions last week, I've been studying Jesus the Christ in my personal study every day. This transfer I've just really been trying to get to know my Savior more. Not just know who He is and what He's done but know Him and why He did what He did. Just become best friends with Him. And part of that is studying about His life. And so I've been diligently reading that big book. Ya'll should read it too. It's awesome!!!!! And with Preach MY Gospel, don't just read through it. Read it, look up the scriptures, ponder the scriptures, write down impressions or understandings, TALK ABOUT IT WITH OTHER PEOPLE! That one's huuuuuuuuge. You learn a lot more when you study personally and then with someone else. So that's my advice there.

No comments:

Post a Comment