Tuesday, January 28, 2014-Week 24
Quezon City; 1:51 PM Tue (PH); 10:51 PM Mon (US)
Hello there family! So good news!! I'M STAYING!!! I'm staying here with Tibs for one more transfer!! Woo hoo!! I'm super excited! I actually thought for sure that I would most likely be transferring and so yesterday I even said some kind of goodbyes to Gio and Robin and Erika just in case. Gio and Robin were so sad! You should have seen their little faces when I said I met be transferred. At least I know that I'm loved by my children right? Haha but all is well because I'm not leaving them!
 |
| Gwapo kami. |
Sister Hepworth is in fact leaving though and I'm real sad about that. She doesn't even get to finish training her baby! She's going to Cogeo which is fairly far away from here. Cogeo was her second area and now she's going back. To a different part though. I'm really really gonna miss her. I love her so much! It's okay though! I'll see her in a few weeks at Zone Conference! Still..... there will be tears. Probably not until after she's actually gone though.
 |
Our district!
STLs Wilson & Soliven
Elder Magno is our DL & training Elder Hidalgo. |
Other than that though, nothin super spectacular has happened this week! Robin came to church on Sunday! I love him so much. He's super darling! When we first started teaching him, he barely said a word and when he did, we honestly had no idea what he was saying because it was below a whisper. But now he's BALIW! Hahaha he's so funny! I love talking to him because he laughs at my Tagalog and then tries to understand what I'm saying. Precious precious children. I've decided that's my calling here in the Philippines. Baptize all the children! Haha joke lang. But honestly. I've baptized 6 children and my favorite investigators are still children..... sorry not sorry that I love the little ones!
 |
| Mga bata |
So in reflecting upon my time here in the Philippines, I've realized that I really have grown here. It used to be that I would look forward to p-days because I NEEDED to hear from my family and friends. That was the thing that would lift my spirits the most. But now, I don't even need to wait until p-day! Honestly, the thing that makes our days the best is when we have a really great lesson with an investigator, or we know that an investigator felt the spirit, or someone came to church, or a less active came BACK to church, etc.
 |
| Rooftops! |
 |
| 125th day in the Phillies yesterday! |
Hahaha I had a HannsBoNanns moment today. Sooo this morning Sister Hepworth had her luggage out and then she pulled one of her older name tags out and said, "Oh my gosh this is disgusting and old! Ew!" And Sister Tibungcog said, "Can I have it?? I want it!!" And Sister Hepworth was like, "Really??" And then I said, "Hold on! If you're giving away name tags, I want it!!" And then Sister Tibungcog was like, "Noooo!! Ako na lang!!" And then I yelled, "Hindi!! Ako na laaaaang!!" And Sister Hepworth kind of just put it down and then Tibs and I jumped for it and I got it and she ran after me to get it and so I turned to run away but Sister Hepworth had just sprayed something and so the tile was wet and I slipped and biffed it real hard and fell on her luggage and the name tag came out of my hand and Tibs ran to go get it and I was crawling and we were literally wrestling for a while and I was laughing SO HARD!!!! Turns out that Sister Hepworth wasn't actually planning on giving that one away because it was her first one and I hurt my back and my knees and it was painful but SO DANG FUNNY! Probably one of those, "Ya had to be there" moments but still. DANG hilarious.
 |
| Haha...she got a wig! |
 |
| TODAY! |
Anyway, I'm super excited for this transfer! Tibs and I have too much fun together and so that's always a party! Haha and Sister Monticalbo's new companion is SUPER nice and super awesome! I've only met her once but she's great! Her companion this last transfer was Sister Jones! I'm happy that we're getting a nice kabahay. I've been so lucky my whole mission! And Elder Houston, the Elder I met at Zupas before I went into the MTC, is transferring into my zone and I'm excited for that! There are a lot of people leaving our zone so it's going to be SO different but it'll be great! It's gonna be a great transfer and I'm happy about life right now! It's starting to heat up again though and that....isn't as fun. Luckily, I only have to endure one summer here! I'll be going home right before the heat really hits again!
 |
The Zoo!
This is the only picture I got before my camera died!
Sorry! It's okay though because it
was the prettiest part of the whole thing! |
Keep praying for all of our investigators! Keep praying and reading your scriptures! Keep smiling and keep laughing!! Thanks for all the support and prayers and love that you give me! I'm so so grateful for all of you!! Have a great week! Love you all so much!! Mahal na mahal ko kayong lahat!
Love, Sister Andersen
No comments:
Post a Comment