Antipolo; 2:23 PM Thurs (PH); 12:23 AM Thurs (US)
Hello there! First and foremost, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAREST JANNIE MCKENNA!!! Jannie my dear, I hope you had a most wonderful birthday full of happy wonderful moments!! What a shame that I won't see my darling Jannie until literally a year after I get home but heyyyyy that's okay it's all for a good cause! You'll be leaving on your mission soon and I'm so dang excited for you!! You're going to be the best little sister missionary out there! Thank you for always being the most amazing example to me! You are so incredible and I'm so blessed to have you for a friend! All my love Jan Bug!!
| TODAY |
{Let's also take a moment to reflect upon the fact that I was once a pioneer. Twice. I'm awfully glad I do not have to wear those clothes ever again because they were H O T. And I think that if I wore them in the Philippines, I would literally die.}
So Typhoon Glenda I guess is old news now to everyone because it happened over a week ago but just to let you all know, I'M ALIVE! So this is what went down. After I emailed on Tuesday, we went back to the house and there we stayed for the rest of the day. We just sang hymns and other good missionary stuff like good missionaries. And then on Wednesday morning at about 5:00 am, we got a text from the zone leaders saying that no one is allowed to leave their apartments AT ALL because the storm was really coming. Aaaaaand we felt it. The wind was suuuuuuuper loud and strong and the rain was crazy hard and everything was just hitting against our roof and windows.
| Hello there Glenda. |
| View from my window when I creaked it open for a second. |
| Candle lit lessons |
Other happenings this week, I got sick again. Boooooooo. This time it was worse though. I had a high fever and my whole entire body hurt so so bad. I could barely move. I had absolutely no energy and I wanted to just die until the sickness went away. So I got sick on Friday and was in bed all day. And we asked the Zone Leaders to come give me a blessing. And then on Saturday I woke up and my fever had gotten higher and I felt even worse. I was like what the heeeeeeeeeeeeck! So yeah I was in bed all day on Saturday too. But by the end of the day, I had gained some energy back and could feel that I was getting better and by Sunday, I was all good!
But I want to talk about the blessing that Elder Romney gave me. When he blessed me, he didn't exactly bless me that I would get better right away. Actually he told me that I would just need to be patient as my body continued to heal. But something that he said struck me really hard. He said, "Sister Andersen, the Lord knows the pain and the sickness that you are feeling and He knows how to help you." I was just overwhelmed with the love of my Savior and I knew that if I just put my faith in Christ, I would heal and be okay because He would be there to help me know what to do. It was a gentle reminder to look to the Lord in everything. Especially in my low times. I was sooooo grateful for his blessing.
| For the first time since my second transfer, I had somebody else wash my clothes and I'm sooooooo happy. They smell so good! #best150pesosiveeverspent |
Aaaaand one more exciting thing! I ate balot again!! But we ate what's called balot sa puti. Meaning that it's only 1 day old! So I did it, and it only took about 10 minutes, and I didn't cry, and it was only a little bit disgusting. So yeah! #truefilipinonow #whatupworld
| Action shot of loving life this morning. |
| Doesn't she just have a wonderful face?? |
| Me and my anak. We have a height problem but we're working on it. |
| Temple Day! |
Love, Sister Andersen
No comments:
Post a Comment