Monday, February 17, 2014~Week 27
Quezon City; 1:31 PM Mon (PH); 10:31 PM Sun (US)Hey there everyone!! First and foremost! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!! Family birthdays always make me a tiny bit sad because I just wanna be there to make crepes and stuff but it's okay! I trust that everyone will take good care of you this week! I hope that your birthday is filled with lots of food and cake and ice cream and pies and chocolate and movies and songs and birds and rainbows and sunshine! Because that's what you deserve daddio!! I'm sending you lots of hugs and kisses and birthday wishes and I hope you can feel it! LOVE YOU!
So this has been an interesting week for me! Hahaha HannsBoNanns moment. I gave myself a second degree burn because I'm me and I'm clutzy and that's just my life. I boiled some water for myself so I could take a hot shower but on the way up the two stairs to the bathroom, I tripped and the boiling water splashed on my leg and IT HURT SO BAD!!! Yeah I definitely cried this time. It was the morning of Zone Conference too. It was probably one of the more painful experiences in my entire life. Haha it blistered up real bad and I'm sorry that I didn't take pictures of it but it's on the mend and I'm sure it will be better in no time! It's probably gonna leave another nasty scar though. I've already accepted the fact that I will have ugly legs when I come home due to bug bites and me being me!:)
Zone Conference was on Wednesday and it was super amazing! Everything was so inspired and I loved it all! We have such great leaders and missionaries here and I'm so so grateful! One thing that was really stressed was that they wanted all the missionaries to know that President and Sister Revillo really really love all the missionaries here so so much. And you can really feel that love despite all the challenges that might come up. I'm just so lucky here!
| Me and Heps at Zone Conference! We missed each other so much! Haha we started crying when we saw each other again! |
| This was my Valentine. Isn't she a cutie?? |
Funny story. Haha so we went to our investigator E's house and the second that we get there she lifts her baby's shirt up and tells me that I have to lick my thumb and then rub my spit on her baby's bellybutton. I was like ummmmmmm whyyyyyyy.....that's weird...... Haha but I did it and it turns out it's because I cursed her baby! Her baby has been sick for about a month now and so they took him to some albularyo doctor to see if he had a curse. The doctor said that he did have a curse and the curse was given to the baby by a tall girl with long hair and that the only way to break the curse was if I rubbed my spit on his bellybutton. Sooooo that happened. Hopefully I broke curse! Hahaha I love the Philippines.
| This is his face EVERY time I take a picture of him! |
| Elder Smith! He's the new office secretary and he's literally the younger version of the guy in UP! He's always so darn happy! |
| Half Day Mission in Kaingin! |
We had a half day mission in Kaingin on Saturday and it was awesome! All the priesthood went around with the missionaries and we visited less actives and I think it was really really effective! We just want these members to know that the ward loves them and misses them and WANTS them to come back to church! I really hope that we can continue to help them see that! So far so good though!
| Cutest little cupcake shop ever! Makes me think of Kenna Benna every time! |
I'm sorry that this is a shorter email! I don't know where my time went today! But just know that I love you all and I pray for you all every day! I'm lovin' life here in the Phillies! I love my companion! I love my kabahays! I love my zone! I love my area! I love my investigators! I love the gospel! I love being a missionary! I LOVE EVERYTHING! And I love you!!!! Thanks for everything! Talk to you all next week! Mahal ko po kayong lahat!!!
| TODAY! |
Love, Sister Andersen

No comments:
Post a Comment