Monday, November 25, 2013~Week 15
Quezon City; 12:14 PM Mon (PH); 9:14 PM Sun (US)
Hey there fam! Hope everyone is doing well! First of all, HAPPY 2 MONTHS IN THE PHILIPPINES TO ME!! And in one month from today, it'll be Christmas! And we get to skype!! Hollaaaaaaaaa! I'm excited!!! But anyway, to be perfectly honest with you all, this has not been a super eventful week for me! Quite a shame after such an adventure last week So sorry in advance for the unexciting letter you're about to read. This is basically the gist of my week though!
 |
| TODAY! |
So on Tuesday, we had zone training and that was pretty fun. Our zone just got A LOT bigger because of all the new missionaries that came in from Tacloban. Our zone leader Elder Roman was transferred to a different area called Morong and was replaced by a Tacloban missionary and it was actually very depressing because we LOVED him!! He was sooooo funny! He was Filipino and was just super fun and happy! He is actually pretty amazing because just a few weeks ago, his dad died form a heart attack. And the very next day he showed up for a zone meeting and was just his normal happy self! It was so incredible! He was able to go to the funeral and then he came right back and continued on with his mission. He's almost done though. He ends his mission in December. So anyway, we were sad that he left but our new zone leaders are both very very nice! So we had our zone training and then we all practiced our skit that we have to do for the Christmas Conference next month. Haha it's gonna be funny! Look up the song "Tracting in a Winter Wonderland." It's a missionary version of "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" and it's funny! That's basically the skit we're doing but we've changed a lot of the words and it's titled "Tracting in a Tropical Wonderland!" I'm excited for it! So we practiced that for a LONG time and then I had to go home and sit there with my leg propped up and I fell asleep and so did Sister Hepworth who was my companion for the night. We had to go on splits the whole week so that my area could get worked too. So that was Tuesday!
On Wednesday I stayed at home with Sister Hepworth except for we went to the church building because Sister Revillo told us that our mission doctor, Elder Jackson, was going to be there to speak at a Zone Conference. So we went over there and my little ol' leg was looked at by a real doctor!! It was exciting! He said that the medicines they gave me checked out and my wound was alright besides the fact that they did a HORRENDOUS stitching job and it was gonna leave a nasty scar!
 |
| Yummmmm |
One of the cuts was more red and puffy than the other and was super tender and he said that on that one, I might have hit some nerve tissue and that's why it was like that but it shouldn't really be a problem.
 |
| Mmmmmm |
He told me I'm not allowed to go up in the mountain and I need to keep it propped up to reduce swelling because my ankle was FAT! And to wrap it up with an ace bandage. He also said that I most definitely should NOT go back to that hospital to get my stitches out and that they would NOT be ready to come out on Monday. So he's going to take them out himself this Wednesday at our Zone Conference! Hahaha I just envisioned him up at the front of everyone giving a nice lecture while he's removing my stitches and I'm bleeding but it's no big deal. Haha that would be great. So just know, that I'm in good hands!
 |
| MY leg this morning! |
And Sister Revillo keeps telling me to go to the drug store and get this one medicine that helps scars go away. She's very concerned about the scars. Because she "has three daughters and ya know, I know, they want pretty skin! And I'm their mother! I want them to have pretty skin! So, ya know, you want to go get that medicine and just put it on your leg okay?"
On Thursday, I stayed inside ALL DAYYYY. It was ridiculous! The time went by so SLOW! I literally wrote 10 letters. But it was still fun because Sister Strebel and I just watched things like "Legacy" and "Mountain of the Lord" and "Legacy" again AND we ordered McDonald's! They deliver here!! It was fabulous! And that was Thursday.
 |
| With Sister Strebel ~ We're talented people. |
Friday, we had weekly planning and then I went to one appointment in my area! It was with the Fuertes and so it was the scene of the crime! Oh man it was great.
 |
| THE SCENE OF THE CRIME! |
 |
THE SCENE OF THE CRIME......AGAIN!
See those two little pointy edges? Those are what gave me the gashes! My blood is on that! Haha! |
And some cute little men tried to cover up the whole with some wood and rocks so no one else would fall in it. But the boys were so cute. They were so concerned about my little leg. They said they prayed for me and that it would get better so that I could come back and teach them. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH! We taught them the Word of Wisdom and it was so fun! They are so adorable! And we had a ward missionary named Ivan with us too! He is super great and he's gonna work with us every Friday from now on! We're super excited!
 |
| Me and Sister Tibungcog! |
Saturday, I stayed home with Sister Strebel again and then we all went to the adult session of Stake Conference and it was so good! They talked the whole time about missionary work and about members working with the missionaries! It was great and I'll share some thoughts about it at the end of my letter! But anyway, it was great!
Yesterday we had Stake Conference and it was super great! We had a really difficult investigator show up! He left early but he came!! And Robin and Gio couldn't come. It's really really REALLY hard because their grandma is just always moody. So we went and visited them yesterday after church and it was SO SAD! They had the guiltiest looks on their faces! And then they said really quietly that they felt guilty because they didn't come to church.
 |
| My boys!! |
And we asked them why and Robin said that when we come to pick them up, their grandma will let them go because she respects us but when they ask if they can go by themselves she gets really mad and won't let them go. But in order for them to be baptized, they have to come to church two times by themselves! So we're going to have a nice long chat with grandma this week.
And then! I had to tell them that we have to move their baptismal date from December 14 to January 4 and oh my gosh their faces. It was AWFUL! They were so stinking sad! But it's okay! We're going to push through this and we ARE going to baptize those little angels!! I have literally put my sweat and blood into those boys and by golly we're gonna get them! So once again, as always, PRAY!!
 |
| Look at these adorable sleeping children at our friends' house! |
No comments:
Post a Comment