Saturday, September 14, 2013~Week 5
Provo MTC;10:15 AM
Provo MTC;10:15 AM
Magandag umaga!!! Okay really quick I have a story that the boys are going to love probably. It's from last week and I just forgot to send it! So one night we're all sitting in the class room and all of a sudden it just stinks. SO BAD! Like it was disgusting! And we could not focus and none of us knew what the heck it was from and so our teacher says let's go outside and so we all get up and I open the doors and we're all taking a huge breath of air that we think is going to be 5000000x better but NO. It was 500000000000x worse! It was like rotten eggs that had been sitting outside for months! And then Elder Lasley exclaims "What the heck?! It's like a poop meteor hit the earth! My nose is literally crying right now!" Hahahaha it was so funny! We all DIED! From the smell and the from the laughter! You actually probably won't find that funny but I swear on my life that it was.
Okay moving on! So it's been a pretty eventful week! Last Saturday after the temple, it was pouring rain! And we had to run all the way back to the MTC in it and it was AMAZING because I love the rain and we got drenched and we looked disgusting and I was so happy about it! My kasama was definitely not as happy but that's okay! I was! I'm so excited for the every single day in the Philippines! Later that night was such a cool experience because we watched The Testaments and it was my kasama's first time seeing it! At the end when the dad is blind and can't see the Savior, who he has waited for his entire life, is where the tears start to flow. His son, Jacob, is weeping because he knows how much his father has waited for this day and because of his pride and disobedience, his father was blind. Jacob is faced away from the Savior and hugging Helam, his dad, when the Savior rests his hand on Jacob's shoulder. Jacob turns around and just starts weeping more. Then the Savior stretches out his hand and says in the most loving peaceful voice, "Helam." And Helam immediately recognizes who it is and falls to the ground weeping. It's so amazing!!! I LOVE that part! And then he's healed and can actually see the Savior and then the words come up onto the screen, "Christ came to the earth. And he will come again." Or something like that. SO cool! And obvi my kasama was bawlin.
| Last Sunday |
| We were cold and the Elders gave us their jackets and thought it was picture worthy. |
So Sister Sims and I got to visit the outside world! WHAT?! It was cray cray. She got real sick and so we had to go outside the gates of the MTC (in the fun rain again) to the BYU Clinic and pick up some meds for her. Nothing really exciting happened except for the fact that we saw real people and stuff. So that was pretty neat.
Okay so that same day, which was Thursday, was my favorite day of the week and maybe for the whole time of being at the MTC because of how the day ended! First of all, during our class with our teacher, we were talking about the doctrine "Teach People, Not Lessons" and we practiced teaching to our kasamas using the influence of the Holy Ghost and not just teaching what we had prepared. It was SUCH a neat experience because the question that we were answering was "How do I feel God's love for me? How can I know that he loves me?" Sister Sims went first and was silent for a solid minute because she didn't know what to say. And then after she prayed in her heart to know what to say, one word popped into her head: Atonement. And from there she went on and talked all about the atonement and bore a powerful testimony of that! And then when it was my turn, I didn't know what to say either. So I was quiet for a solid minute as well. (Oh and we were pretending to be the investigators that we're teaching right now. If that makes sense. So she was being one of our investigators, "Jenny.") And then one image popped into my head and it was the image of our first meeting with "Jenny" and I asked her why she let us come back after that first meeting. And then just went from there. It was cool because it was the exact same question but we answered in two completely different ways!! But they were both powerful and both answered the question! So it was neat to feel that our lessons should be completely tailored to fit the needs of the investigators!
| Panoramic view of our classroom |
| Feeling better on Friday! |
| FLIGHT PLANS!!! |
Sister Andersen
PS: I forgot to take a picture of my flight plans!! But I leave on the 23rd! I report to the travel office at 2:00 PM. My flight leaves SLC and goes to LAX. From there we have a 4 hour layover and then travel to Hong Kong! We have a 4 hour layover in Hong Kong too. We go from Hong Kong and arrive in Manila on the 25th! I'll send you a letter with all the details later today! I did that from memory so I hope it's mostly correct! Love you so much!!
Almost ready to head for the Philippines - that went fast! :) She sounds great!
ReplyDeleteShe is incredible. Watch out Philippines, here she comes.
ReplyDelete