I can't even believe that this is my 3rd week here! Where has the time gone! Everyone kept telling me that after my first
Sunday time would just fly by! And it's so true!! The days are incredibly long and exhausting physically, emotionally, and spiritually but the weeks just disappear! I love it here!
 |
| The TRC--where we practice our language skills |
 |
| We mustache you a question! Wanna hear about the gospel? |
Hahaha okay so last Saturday, we were going to the temple and we got all the way to the inside of the temple, (and if you don't know this, IT'S A VERY LONG UPHILL TREK!) and guess who forgot their recommend? Meeeeeee. And so we had to walk all the way back down and then all the way back up. It was hindi mabuti. But it's okay because the temple is wonderful and everything always works out fine. But yeah. That was just a HannsBoNanns moment.
 |
| Last Sunday on our Temple walk |
 |
| Our cute district at the Temple last Sunday |
OH! And I also fell of the top bunk bed in my room! It was so funny! I was just up there getting something ready for one of our lessons and I just rolled right off. My kasama looked over at me with a completely straight face and said, "Please tell me you didn't break anything because I really don't want a new kasama." She doesn't feel sorry for me anymore whenever I hurt myself because it's a regular occurrence. So there are some HannsBoNanns moments of the week!
 |
| Sister Sims on one half of our room |
 |
| The other half of our room |
Elder Neil L. Andersen was the speaker at the
Tuesday devotional and it was so so good! It was broadcast to every MTC in the world!! It was amazing! I loved it! At the end of his talk he bore testimony like 3 or 4 times that the Savior does live and he is a witness to that! It was so powerful!
Tuesday devotionals are my favorite!
Okay so yesterday we had a lesson with our investigator Ranie and it was a really really col experience and I'll tell you why! We got into the room and it started off really well. In the previous lesson we had talked about Joseph Smith and then we asked him to read at least on chapter form the Book of Mormon and when we got in there and asked if he had read, he told us that he had read ALL of Joseph Smith History AND the first chapter in the Book of Mormon! We were so excited and everything started off really really well. And then when we started off into our lesson everything just went bad. I couldn't remember what to say and my kasama didn't know what to say and you could feel the frustration and irritation building up inside both of us. And then Ranie asked me why it was so important for him to be baptized. And all of a sudden I knew what to say. It was very broken Tagalog but e understood and so the spirit was starting to come in! And then after Sister Sims bore her testimony, he asked us if we had both grown up in the church. I said but when Sister Sims said she hadn't, he got really interested and he wanted to know why she got baptized. She said in her very broken Tagalog that she could feel something in her heart that it was the truth. And then he asked how. And she said, "Magdasal. And a LOT of pananampalataya." (Pray. And a LOT of faith.) And then she started crying and said she could "naramadaman it was lahat katothanan" (feel it was all truth). It was so so broken but the spirit was so strong. And then he looked at me and I bore my testimony and I don't even remember what I said but I remember his face was just so full of understanding and peace and he knew that WE knew what we were teaching was true. It was so so coooooool!! And then I asked him to say the closing prayer and during the prayer Sister Sims and I started BAWLING! 1. Because it was SO beautiful and 2. because from what I could understand, he was praying so earnestly and with such intent! It was the best moment all week BY FAR! We're really only supposed to teach fr 20 minutes but we ended up teaching for 45.... oops. Pasencha, hindi pasencha! (Sorry, not sorry!)
 |
| Yesterday in class |
Okay that's really all I have time for today! But I hope everyone is doing well in school and loving life! Read the scriptures every day! Ang Aklat ni Mormon ay naglalaman ng kabuuan ng Ebanghelyo at ng salita ng Diyos! Totoo ang Ebanghelyo ni Jesucristo! Si Jesucristo an ating Tagapagligtas at Manunubos! Nagpapasalamat ako sa Diyos para sa Kanyang mga biyaya!! Mahal po ako ang aking Ama sa Langit at si Jesucristo! Sa pangalan ni Jesucristo, amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment